point 38-39 ( Fourth and Final edit)

Lachlan and I noticed that are film was to long and decided to shorten it once more .

Here is our Final edit :

Advertisements

Audience Feedback Task

We posted our video onto various social media outlets, so we could gain audience feedback.

We posted it onto Facebook and YouTube

When we were on Facebook we activated the ‘insight’ part so we could see where people were from who viewed our video and how many people viewed our video in total.

On Facebook we had a total of 837 hits because I made the video public, so not only my friends could see it, but everyone who came onto my Facebook page. Most were from Scotland, but there was a few from Europe and 5 hits specifically were from Texas. So perhaps someone saw it and told someone else, (word of mouth).

We had a few comments on the cut we put on Facebook.

“I like the merging of scenes, what effect did you use?”

“Really cool video, but I didn’t like the music.”

“Awesome filming guys, I would’ve preferred to have some talking”

This was useful because we could see, what people liked and didn’t like. For next time we should upload it early and give us a chance to change the score or add in some talking if needs be.

When we uploaded our video to YouTube, it was a slow start with only 1/5 hits everyday, we added tags such as Film noir and suits, but this only boosted the ratings by one or two, we decided it was because of the title.

For next time we would brainstorm more about what we would call our film before release.

We had zero likes and comments on our YouTube video.

I personally got feedback from family and friends who especially liked the score and cross fading in our scenes.

Evaluation 7

Looking back at our preliminary task, I feel as though we have come a long way.

At the start of our project we couldn’t gain a strong grip of our story concepts. Now we can visualise and imagine how when and where the story would take place. After we could do that, it was a matter of honing our technical expertise.

Even if a director has never written a script in his life, still needs to understand how one is written. This was difficult as we were learning as we went along.

The written word on the script’s page is the start, but ultimately we had to translate those words to images. To do this, we had to be able to tell a story visually.  We discovered many film students start out making silent films. The reason for this is to teach them how to convey the action onscreen without words.

Making a film is virtually impossible to do on your own. You have to manage actors, camera operators, sound technicians and editors at minimum. The larger the film, the more moving parts you must manage. We were very lucky our film only had to be two minutes long.

It’s not common for a creative person to be interested in the technical side of things.

This does not work for a filmmaker, however, as his idea of “James hopped over the wall” may be totally different from the director of photography’s.

I feel as though we have come a long was and learnt many new skills while doing our media project this year.

Evaluation 6

Here we assembled the video and sound by using Adobe premier elements pro. Using this we edited the shot film materiel. The production sound (dialogue) is also edited via the same technology. We got our music tracks and songs from soundcloud. We used constant score and sound effects. Any computer-graphic visual effects were digitally added.

Throughout our production of our film we used various miscellanea to shoot our film, stabilise shooting and enhance sound and lighting We used a tri-pod to stabilise our work  and a hand held digital camera which shot in (HD) to film our work. The high shooting resolution of the camera allowed us to shoot in higher quality. The tripod helped us to stabilise the shooting to give the audience confidence in our filming.

We thought about each place we filmed in and thought about the acoustic environment and lighting of the area.

38 – 39 Lachlan and i edited our film once more ( Third edit)

After receiving feedback from our teacher we realised that there was still a lot we needed to change and include.

The first thing we obviously needed to change was to include more sound and make our cuts cleaner.

We decided on a backing score throughout the piece until the end scene.

We also changed the effect and added crossfades to our scene cuts to make them appear smoother.

We made the light out side darker when he is returning in his car to make it clear to the audience that it was a different time of day.

Lastly, we added a fade to black to  stop the possibility that the viewer might stop the clip before watching the end.